As we enter 2022/23, both current co-chairs, Ihtishaam Malik and Zainab Garba-Sani, are coming to the ends of their terms in the Network. Therefore, we are inviting all members who are interested in and are able, to come forward and apply to be the next co-chairs.
The role of co-chair includes;
- Serving a term of 18-24 months as co-chairs of the NHS Muslim Network
- Setting the strategic direction for the NHS Muslim Network, including deciding and agreeing priorities (Representation, Networking and progression, and tackling inequalities)
- Working with key internal and external stakeholders in collaborative projects
- Heading the NHS Muslim Network Executive Committee
Successful applicants should:
- Have experience in managing a team and working with volunteers
- Be self motivated and able to plan work for themselves and others
- Be able to work with a wide range of stakeholders, including senior leaders in the NHS as well as external partners
- Have an understanding of the Islamic faith and issues currently faced by Muslims in the workplace
Deadline for applications is COP 7th March 2022.
NOTE: All applicants must be employed by an NHS organisation to be considered:
Successful Interview Workshop
Join us to hear advice and tips from experienced recruitment managers and interview panellists on improving your interviewing skills.
This practical workshop is aimed towards NHS England and NHS Improvement non-clinical staff.
In session 1, some of the topics we will cover are:
- Interview structure
- Preparing for the interview including looking at job descriptions and example responses to questions
- Advice and common mistakes
- Q&A and more!
Wednesday 2nd March 9:30am – 10:45am
United Nations World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development
21 May 2022
The United Nations World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development falls on the 21st May.
The multiKultural network would like to use this opportunity to celebrate cultural diversity in the NHS and would thus love to have you onboard to co-create an event with us on the back of that specific day. We have in mind a whole week of celebrations the week starting 16 May 2022.
Please do let us know if you’d like to be part of this work. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org
The return of the School for Change Agents!
Would you like to develop the skills to make a difference and create change in health and care? There’s great news – The School for Change Agents is returning 14th February 2022!
The School offers anyone who works in health and care, at whatever level and whether they are clinical or non-clinical, the opportunity to take their desire to see change happen and make it a reality.
There are five interactive sessions to complete on Future Learn:
- Change starts with me
- Using power to make a difference
- Using stories to create change
- Making sense of complexity
School is free to join, and to take part in. All you need is an internet connection. The sessions are arranged into ‘bite-sized’ chunks so that you can complete them in your own time, and in your own way. So, whether you’ve got 10 minutes or an hour, you can still get involved! You can take part on a computer, tablet or mobile device. Each session includes a range of articles and videos that feature people like you talking about their own experiences of creating change.
Are you ready to learn how to become an effective change agent? Join now!
Everyone taking part in the School has eight weeks from when they start to complete the modules. If you’d like to extend your access, you can upgrade for a small fee. The great news is if you work for the NHS or in social care, you can get an upgrade at no cost to you thanks to a partnership we have with Future Learn.
Managing diabetes in Ramadan
Get ready for Ramadan by taking part in an online eLearning course ‘Managing Diabetes During Ramadan’. This course is suitable for anyone living with diabetes, carers and HCPs. It also provides tips for Suhr and Iftar meal plans and carb counting. The course also has a live Q&A with our diabetes healthcare professionals. Register for FREE the massive open online course.